Focused Listening sessions
As a sensitive person, you know how painful it is to feel weighed down by shame, self doubt, and self-criticism. The emotional pain can be so strong, you may feel it physically too, in the form of upset stomach, stiff neck, back pain, or illness.
You may feel this pain and anxiety because of a specific current situation in your life…or it might be chronic. If the things you usually do to feel better aren’t working, that adds another layer of stress.
You’ve tried to escape the pain
You ignore it or numb it, distracting yourself with TV or the Internet or eating or whatever you do. This can feel great—temporarily.
But afterwards you feel even worse, because you didn’t get to the root of the problem: there is a message trying to get through from within you, and the anxiety and discomfort are signs you haven’t heard it yet. The key question is, what can you do when you realize this has happened?
Focused Listening sessions serve as a key resource for you at times when—
- Something feels “off” or missing in a key area of your life. You don’t want to ignore it, but you have no idea how to get to the source of this nagging unease
- You are spending too much time feeling anxious, stressed, or low, and your go-to strategies aren’t getting you relief
- You’re aware you are caught in a web of negative, self-critical thoughts: no amount of self -affirmation or positive visualization seems to make a dent, which just makes you more anxious
- It’s hard to know who to turn to: you’re afraid you’ll alarm your family or friends, or that they’ll get tired of hearing it
- You face a big, potentially wrenching decision about a relationship or your work, and you feel paralyzed by all the emotions and implications
Experience the power of radical acceptance
Imagine getting calmer as you hold your anxiety, self-doubt and shame with compassion and curiosity. In a Focused Listening session, you learn to do just that.
As your body eases, you start to feel the flow of energy underneath the pain. This deep self-empathy reconnects you to a sense of inner rightness and self- confidence.
In each hour-long Focused Listening session, I help you listen to your embodied wisdom so you can
- Find some of the calm and peace you’ve been yearning for
- Sense the “right next step” in your situation and take it —even if something in you is still scared
- Reassure the part of you that is terrified of your negative feelings
- Access the energy of “YES! That’s it!” that draws all you want towards you
- Test your decision making in your body so you can tangibly feel when you are making the right decision
- Generate surprising, elegant, effective solutions to your most stuck, complex problems
What you create with me is a sense of wholeness…any pieces of the puzzle that are missing get completed. You have such a depth of experience. It is so clear, and the way you state things and frame things—what you do is unique. I really appreciate you!
∼BS, Corporate Consultant, Waterloo, Ontario
- Single session: $90
- Five-session package: $425
My commitment to you
I’m committed to help you get tangible relief and change around the issues you are facing! To ensure we’re a good fit, we’ll start our work together with a single session. You can apply your single session fee towards the total fee for a session package should you decide to buy one. (Sessions can be used any time within a year from purchase.)
I’m available to touch base by email between sessions, if questions, insights, or challenges come up for you.
Ready to take the next step?
Just click here to schedule a complimentary 20-minute phone call. We’ll meet, get to know each other and sense together whether it feels like a good fit.
“Emily, I’m just amazed how quickly you get me. You helped me see my strengths and language them in such an eloquent way that it helped me change how I thought about myself. And that helped raise my confidence to take the steps I needed to take, to launch this program.”
∼C V, California
You helped me through what was perhaps the most challenging year of my life. You assisted me in identifying a number of behaviors and ways of thinking that were keeping me stuck in emotional pain, and helped me change them…you were compassionate, gentle, insightful and non-judgmental.
∼CF, Financial Planner, Rochester, New York