Is the din of life drowning out your “still small voice”?
As a culture we are intensely “head-oriented.” We process masses of information as we try to make decisions, create, and communicate. We field hours of intense mental stimuli every day.
But if you are like most of my clients, this external “noise” is not all you are dealing with. You have internal noise too: an inner dialogue of self-criticism, worry, and self-doubt.
No wonder you can hardly hear yourself think, let alone listen more deeply for that “still small voice” of your inner knowing.
The problem is, your inner knowing is your personal spiritual connection. It is your key source to living with the kind of depth, integrity and joy you so highly value. And without this connection, you feel awful.
Being boxed up in your head is painful
When you don’t know how to connect to a place of inner knowing you can trust, you end up doing everything from your head. You know this is happening when—
- You feel drained, anxious, low, and your creativity dries up. You don’t feel at ease in your own skin. You don’t do things you know you want to do, and you can’t understand why.
- You agonize over significant decisions. The more you use logic to argue back and forth in your head, the more stressed and overwhelmed you get. You can get so weighed down by inner criticism and self-doubt that it’s hard to get out of bed in the morning.
- You feel discouraged watching yourself fall into old patterns in your life. You have high personal ideals and feel disappointed in yourself when you struggle to live up to them.
- You feel self-conscious and vulnerable around other people. You second-guess yourself and are afraid to express yourself honestly, especially when you sense a potential conflict.
Yet you know how it feels when you get to “YES! This is how I want to act, what I want to do, how I want to feel!”
If you’ve experienced this connection to your inner knowing–and I’ve never met anyone who hasn’t, if only briefly– then you know how powerful it is. You’d seek far to find it again, if you knew where to look, because you so want to—
- Feel energized, peaceful, creative, at ease with yourself, and excited about your life
- Access a sense of solid inner rightness around decisions, that you can stand by even when others disagree with you
- Have a clear, systematic understanding of your choices, your moods, and your relationship struggles that empowers you to act the way you want to act
The good new is, you can get to that “YES” at any time. You just need to learn how to know how to get quiet and listen to your embodied wisdom.
For you, nothing is more important than this…because everything truly important comes from your Inner Source:
…your best energy
…your highest creativity
…the empathy for yourself and for others that is the essential basis for all kinds of great relationships
To be truly happy and effective in your life, your work, and your relationships, you need this connection to your Inner Source. But how do you know where to look in yourself? And once you find that place, how do you know how to listen to what’s there?
The Inner Listening Intensive
You need a system that is consistent, practical, and personally relevant for you. It has to work in practice, not just in theory: nothing vague or “woo-woo.”
The Inner Listening Intensive is designed to give you just that: the experience, skills, and awareness you need to get yourself to the “YES!” that comes when you live from your inner knowing. You learn to integrate your personal spiritual connection into your daily life and work at a whole new level.
You also receive key information and personalized support to build the inner and outer habits necessary to maintain a connection to your Inner Source.
As a 66-year-old psychiatric RN and a lifelong spiritual seeker I easily recognized Emily as someone that I was attracted to as a mentor. Specifically, she helped me identify my need for self-care whereby I am now more versed in my ability to drop down into my inner Self (divinity) and call out to my Higher Power who meets me in mysterious and fulfilling ways. Emily is a stellar individual and a remarkably reliable comrade… I have great admiration and confidence in her humility and willingness to grow herself while she steadfastly held me and my needs as our primary focus.
∼KC, Psychiatric RN, Vashon, Washington
A program unlike any you’ve experienced:
Intensive personal growth workshops lasting a few days, especially those focused around a charismatic leader, can be cathartic—
But you return to every day life with with limited conceptual understanding of the process you’ve been through, and no support to apply your experience effectively in the messy complexity of every day life.
In the Inner Listening Intensive, you will experience the transformative insights and growth of an intensive workshop, over an extended period of six months—AND you’ll get the personalized weekly support you need to apply your the insights to your daily life and work.
I was suffering from anxiety and depression about my work, my relationship, my parenting. It was affecting everything in my life. I felt completely adrift. This program taught me a whole new way of looking at myself and my feelings. It was more than just a paradigm shift or a new perspective. It changed my outlook on life. I live in the present instead of always worrying about the past and the future. I’ve learned to trust myself again.
∼JD, Project Manager, Silver Springs, Maryland
Coaching sessions offer you one-on-one attention with a heavy focus on action—
But inner work with pain, shame, or “resistance” is at best a secondary focus and many coaches are uncomfortable or inexperienced working with it.
In the Inner Listening Intensive, your tough feelings and stuck places ARE the “ore” we mine for your most creative, transformative insights. You don’t have to feel like anything is embarrassing, unwelcome or off limits. Being heard this way, you begin to learning to listen to yourself, to help you access your embodied knowing.
Even clients experienced in inner work find that being listened to with complete radical acceptance is a stunning new experience. This way of “being with” yourself and your challenges, as opposed to trying to fix or change yourself, leads to personal, professional, creative, and relationship breakthroughs.
“Emily’s listening was noticeably different from the usual: not a trace of judgment, just pure unconditional acceptance and trust, and respect for my knowing. She invites exploration without imposing ideas of her own. This loving attention is truly a gift.”
∼RO, Rochester, New York
“Do-it-yourself” programs give you lots of great information but no support on how to apply the principles to your personal situation when things get tricky, messy, or stuck—
In the Inner Listening Intensive, you get great information…and you receive a level of personal support you’ve likely never experienced before. In addition to our weekly sessions, written materials, and reading, I write in-depth, personal comments in response to the progress report you fill out before each session. I make sure you really “get” what we’re doing so you can take it home, use it, and experience the great feeling of seeing changes start to happen in your life.
This program gave me a process and steps to use to continue this work after my sessions are done. Emily gave me the support and confidence to do this work on my own. That is something I haven’t gotten from only reading a book, or listening to an audio program.
∼JS, Business Analyst, Silver Springs, Maryland
You can look forward to these results from the program:
- You’ll have the confidence and peace of mind that comes from knowing how to connect to your Inner Source. You’ll know how to get to the “right next step” that will take you to that great feeling of “YES! That’s it!”
- You’ll get to know your key “inner intersections” and learn how to navigate them so you don’t get stuck there like you used to. You’ll experience lightness and freedom as you let go of old, limiting beliefs.
- You will feel more “comfortable in your own skin” and be able to handle conflict with the respectful confidence that comes from knowing and accepting exactly where you stand.
Over the last six months I have become so much more confident in who I am and the life I have chosen for myself. I am no longer weighed down by guilt that I am doing something wrong, or disappointing “God” or my Mormon family. This alone has allowed me to feel so much more love for myself, and others. I have felt more moments of “YES!” than ever before.
∼JCT, Copywriter, Salt Lake City, Utah
And in case you were wondering…
You don’t have to be able to sit full lotus.
You don’t have to shave your head.
And there’s no conflict of any kind with any belief, ideology or creed you may already hold. You can be a Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Wiccan, atheist, agnostic, vegan, Republican or Democrat or Libertarian. Everybody has this inner knowing–it comes with having a body and a mind.
What you will receive in the program
The core of the Inner Listening Intensive is 24 one-on-one Focused Listening sessions, once a week for an over a period of six to seven months, over the phone or by Skype. Between sessions you will engage in a course of learning with highly personalized feedback, all designed to help you listen to yourself in a new way that connects you to your inner Source of wisdom and guidance so you can move forward in stuck or painful areas in your life.
Starting with your first session, we look in depth at what you most want to accomplish in our work together. We create a written summary of your challenges, your goals, possible obstacles, and concrete ways you can identify when you have reached your goals. We refer to this throughout the program.
In subsequent sessions, I guide you through a focused listening process , to give you the experience of getting to that “YES!” energy. I explain the concepts we are working with, and teach you skills you can take home, referring to the materials you’ve read an studied for the week.
Each week, you complete a form in which you assess your progress and challenges, and I respond in-depth, in writing. This personalized support is a key contributor to the in-depth learning you will experience.
And you’ll experience the synergy of multiple modes of learning with these key program features:
- Give your brain a “bone”—your thinking mind needs conceptual structure to process the experiential learning of our sessions. You get this in the form of readings and also from materials created especially for the program.
You have a great ability to write about common experiences in a way that makes it easily accessible. The conversations in your weekly articles always make the subject so easy to relate to. I’m always wondering how you are able to know what I’m thinking!
∼JS, Business Analyst, Bedford, New Hampshire
Picture it—if you are visually oriented, I can make you a colorful, hand-drawn mind map of your session. Or many clients prefer notes, kept in a shared Google doc you can access any time.
- Learn more by listening—some clients find their insights go deeper when they can listen to their sessions again. If you wish, I’ll arrange access to a downloadable mp3 recording of your session so you can listen again anytime.
- Reinforce with practice—you’ll receive cue cards when you learn new skills, to help you ground your new skills with practice and integrate them into your daily life and work.
- Get e-mail support—if questions, insights, or challenges arise between sessions, I’m available to touch base. I work closely with you throughout the program to make sure you are satisfied with the progress and results you are seeing.
My promise to you
If at any time during our work together you are not satisfied with your progress, based on any criteria you wish to apply, I will work with you until you are satisfied, or refund your payment for any unused sessions.
This intensive program may be a fit for you if:
- You are psychologically stable and functioning well in your life and work, yet you recognize the signs described above, of disconnection from your inner source
- You want something different from the therapy, coaching, or workshops you’ve tried in the past
- You are open to exploring your personal spiritual connection—or deepening that which you already have
- You are willing to feel old pain that may be blocking you from accessing your inner knowing..and you also love a good laugh
- You are willing to work to grasp new concepts and practice new skills in service of moving to a new level of creativity, confidence and joy in your life.
Ready to take the next step?
Intrigued by what you’ve read? Have more questions? I invite you to contact me for an in-depth conversation. We’ll take a full hour to explore what life is like for you now and what you really want for yourself. We’ll identify the challenges you are facing, and we’ll explore the ways this program might help you thrive in your work, your life, and your relationships, as you connect deeply to your Inner Source. Click here to schedule a complimentary 60-minute Deep Listening Session. I look forward to speaking with you!
The work we did together was so deep and to the point for me that I wouldn’t consider working with anyone else…
∼AH, Yoga Teacher, Rochester, New York